The first task is usually to first get the correct kind of interfacing that will work for you type of fusible interfacing wholesale. Mostly these instructions will probably be on the back of the pattern envelope which you bought. If you are creating your very own patterns at home, it could be advisable to first test what interfacing works on the kind of fabric you might be using. You only need a small component of fabric and measure a block, fuse the piece and measure it again to see exactly what the different shrinkage was.
Now to me which is doing sewing both at home and as a hobby I don’t possess a fusing press or fusing machine like the majority of clothing manufactures have. I still need to use to old reliable way in which worked in my opinion.
The various tools that you would require is definitely the following:
3. Correct interfacing
I know others take advantage of more equipment however i have used this technique for years and never had any problems.
Steps to follow along with:
1. Eliminate your patterns items of the fabric and interfacing. A lot of people will propose that you cutout you interfacing smaller than you interlining fabric manufacturer when you steam iron it, it won’t adhere to your cloth or ironing board. That is perfectly up to you, you will know best how accurate you work.
2. Make sure before ironing the parts together the glue dotted side are facing a bad side from the fabric. This is certainly quite important part because if you iron the parts together and it’s the incorrect sides it very difficult to eliminate the interfacing again, probably also depend on the type of interfacing and glue.
3. Place a cloth over the parts and be sure you iron is hot. I discovered that steam doesn’t always work efficiently therefore i only use a little bit of steam setting about the iron. I work with a cloth like a fabbric iron can leave shiny marks on non woven fusible interfacing and you don’t want that.
4. When pressing the iron in addition to the cloth make it for a few seconds on a single spot before moving onto another section. In addition, i do small sections at the same time irrespective of how small the various components are.
5. After ironing the various components leave it to cool off for any bit before using it to go on sewing your garment. I think it is advisable to fuse each of the interfacing parts before actually start sewing the garment.